Tuesday 27 October 2009

Custom Guitar Video - Ulrich Teuffel - The New Leo Fender

Ulrich Teuffel, German guitar maker, par excellence, is probably the only guitar maker who is as close to Leo Fender and at the same time as far from Leo Fender as somebody could truly be. "My great-grandfather was an engineer, my grandfather was an engineer, my father is an engineer, my other grandfather was a cabinetmaker, my uncle is a cabinetmaker, my granduncle was a painter, so what can I say: becoming an accountant has never been my ambition. An inventor is a bit more my style!"

No one else on the planet builds or designs guitars like Ulrich Teuffel, and the Teuffel "Birdfish" is considered the Porsche of custom electric guitars. Does it actually work? And, what does it sound like? The Reverend Billy Gibbons of ZZTop used it extensively on their album Mescalero and claims that it is second only to his 1959 Les Paul Sunburst Standard, affectionately known as the "Pearly Gates." Any other questions? Ulrich Teuffel never advertised the "Birdfish", and it is limited to 500 guitars. Still, you can find it in every serious book about guitars.

Find out more about the concept behind his "Tesla" guitar: perfecting imperfection. Teuffel's custom electric guitars provide the demanding guitar player with the possibility of opening doors to a new realm of sound. Avantgarde guitarist Henry Kaiser's music gives listeners an idea of what that could mean.

"While the 20th century had Les Paul and Leo Fender paving the way for guitar innovations and cost reductions, Ulrich Teuffel can certainly lay claim to being the most innovative and influential guitar designer so far in the 21st century. All of his designs are completely unique, and they are not just guitars. They become musical artwork, no different than a painting or a sculpture. I have a lot of guitars, but whenever people see my Birdfish, it's all they can talk about!" S.P. Fjestad, Publisher, Blue Book of Electric Guitars

Ulrich Teuffel started a top-secret collaboration with Fender Guitars a couple of years ago. Let me simply call it the "under-cover" project... The plan was to release a new affordable custom electric guitar that is a combination of a lifestyle item and an electric guitar. The Fender R&D department stated that - if there is a new Leo Fender - it truly has to be Ulrich Teuffel.

What happened to that project? Who knows? Maybe it got stuck in the "hoe-zone". I assume it is like this super secret Air Force Aurora fighter plane project. Nobody has ever seen it, but everybody believes that it exists. I have held a prototype in my own hands. I know it exists. I am a true believer, and as well as I know Ulrich, his ideas and projects have all come true eventually.
Custom Guitar Video
Ulrich Teuffel Custom Guitar Video

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Cindy_Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment